With support, help, and a whole lot of caring from the Bismarck-Mandan and surrounding communities, including the entire state of North Dakota, Dakota OutRight has been able to steadily increase the amount of advocacy and outreach work we do. This equates into more resources, more trainings, and more opportunities to reduce the stigma felt all too often by our LGBTQIA family.
But we need to do more to bend the arc of justice in North Dakota. It’s not simple to provide information, support, events, and training as a small, all-volunteer nonprofit organization, but it’s vital to the work we do, in our neighborhoods, in our schools, and in our communities.
Will you help us continue this important work? Your tax-deductible contribution of any amount matters and will help keep DOR a visible leader in LGBTQIA outreach and public education efforts in North Dakota.
Here is what we have been up to, and just a sample of what your dollars would help support:
- Co-hosted the 1st Annual North Dakota LGBTQIA Summit in Mandan, and working on the 2nd Annual Summit now!
- Launched QueerSpace, an LGBTQIA support group for youth ages 12-18 that meets twice a month.
- Providing our Creating Safe Spaces LGBTQIA training online to educators, counselors, youth-serving professionals and anyone interested in learning more.
- Hosting Capital Pride 2019 events (June 14-16)!
Other reasons to support Dakota OutRight that will ALWAYS be in style:
- We encourage LGBTQIA youth to be themselves.
- We provide training so educators can support ALL students.
- We help parents feel connected.
- We deserve visible spaces for connection and support.
Donations of $50 or more will receive a complimentary membership to Dakota OutRight, which keeps you in the loop of information and updates and gets you a small token of our appreciation for your visible support.
Any amount helps, and we will use the funds donated to offer additional programming and events for the LGBTQIA community, as well as additional information, resources, and training for the allied community. There is much work to be done, but with your help, we can accomplish anything.
*Note: Due to how the trackers work, donations won’t show up on our profile page until Thursday, April 18, when they are processed. Don’t worry if you pledge early and don’t see it listed yet!