We will be boosting our outreach efforts thanks to generous support from the QReach Project.
In February, the PFund Foundation announced the recipients of grants for outreach assessment in LGBTQ communities across the five-state region of North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa. Dakota OutRight was one of 16 Midwestern LGBTQ organizations to receive $5,000 in direct funding and additional support to survey the assets, needs, and leadership of LGBTQ communities in our region.
The 16 organizations were selected by a seven-member review panel of LGBT community leaders from the five-state region. Led by PFund, QReach is supported in part by the Bush Foundation, Otto Bremer Foundation and Blandin Foundation.
Other Midwestern QReach Partners:
- Art and Soul Innovations/Proud Theater, Monona Wis.
- Bisexual Organizing Project, Minneapolis
- Black Hills Center for Equality, Rapid City, South Dakota
- Diverse & Resilient, Milwaukee, Wis.
- Equality South Dakota, Brookings, South Dakota
- FORGE, Milwaukee, Wis.
- Freedom Inc., Madison, Wis.
- Gay Straight Alliance for Safe Schools, Madison, Wis.
- Iowa Pride Network, Des Moines, Iowa
- Lutheran Social Service of MN – Together for Youth, Duluth, Minn.
- One Iowa Education Fund, Des Moines, Iowa
- Outfront Minnesota Community Services, Minneapolis
- RECLAIM, Minneapolis
- Shades of Yellow, Saint Paul, Minn.
- Siouxland Pride Alliance, Sioux City, Iowa
For the full news release, click here.
Established as Philanthrofund Foundation in 1987 by four friends, PFund is now a vibrant LGBT community foundation supported by thousands. By providing scholarships and grants, inspiring giving and developing leaders PFund is a catalyst for long-lasting social change. Learn more about them at PFundOnline.org or find them on Facebook.