Dakota OutRight (DOR) is hosting a focus group for educators and professionals who work with youth, including lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender (LGBT) youth.
Our organization is working on a grant-funded project to learn more about the experiences of LGBT youth in Bismarck-Mandan and develop strategies to provide more resources and support, including community training specific to those who work with youth.
The focus group will be at the Bismarck Veterans Memorial Public Library on Saturday, May 30 from 10:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m. We’re providing coffee, juice, and breakfast refreshments to sweeten the deal!
Your experiences provide insight to the climate, barriers, and potential solutions to better support LGBT youth. Even if you feel you don’t have much experience working with LGBT youth, your thoughts on what could help are equally important.
We’re interested to know more about the following types of questions:
- What is the climate like for LGBT youth? In schools? In the community?
- What kinds of supports would help LGBT youth?
- What kind of supports would help YOU support youth?
- What are the barriers to obtaining these supports?
- What is working? What’s not working? What could work better?
- What kinds of trainings and resources would help?
Please RSVP to email@example.com if you can attend.
This work is made possible by PFund Foundation, a vital resource and community builder for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and allied communities by providing grants and scholarships, developing leaders, and inspiring giving. Learn more at www.pfundonline.org.